Thursday, April 17, 2014

LOVE, ACCEPTED...ADOPTED


I am reading my friend Kaia's story about a Russian adoption, she and her husband are in the middle of. I pray great grace and faith for them.

After 11 years of praying, believing and waiting each month to see if I was pregnant and having two adoptions fall through, I am so overwhelmed to think of our blessed daughter, Seven and all God brought us through.

I remember walking into the nursery, meeting this baby who didn't have a home and looking into those baby blue eyes. The agony, feeling as if we were on the 24th mile of a marathon, waiting to see if the birth-mother would change her mind. Tick-tock. Tick-tock. Tick-tock.

Today. I am thinking of the decision God made when He sent us His only son. Did He know He would be beaten and bruised for me? Even if I rejected Him? Yes. Did He know I would need a home, to be accepted, loved...adopted (Romans 8:15, Galatians 4:4-7)? Yes. He has been waiting. Tick-tock. Tick-tock. Tick-tock. Waiting for you and I. Loving, deeply moved with the though that we would become His child. Adopted. Wow!

I am so thankful.

No comments: