Tuesday, May 20, 2014

PROPELLED BY DESIRE


I was out on the lake the other day and saw several ski boats and jet skis. Kids were screaming with joy, men were blowing off steam and all were enjoying the sun and speed. Just like a ski boat is propelled, our lives can be propelled. Propelled by desire. The opposite is true, as well. They can be paralyzed...paralyzed by fear.

2 Tim 1:7, “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power (strength, abundance) and of love (affection) and of a sound mind (self-control, discipline).”
Hebrews 13:6, “So we may boldly say: The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

Fear paralyzes us into holding back on desire. For example, the fear of success. What will people say about my lifestyle change? What will I do with the attention? Will I be able to uphold this? God has created you for success and to fulfill the desires of your heart. You are equipped with the tools to handle everything that comes your way.

Fear of failure paralyzes, as well. The verse in 2 Timothy speaks clearly to this fear. It is not of God. When taken head on, God gives a great grace to overcome it.

As you go about your day, allow your desire to propel you.

No comments: