Sunday, February 3, 2008

WEEK IN REVIEW: JAM-PACKED


My week began at an MFI Regional Conference in Kirkland. This is a time we get to touch base with great friends in the ministry and receive solid teaching and testimonies. I particularly love our round table discussions on what works and what doesn't! Dick Iverson delivered a great word on leadership principles. Check out Pastor Jeff's blog for the life-impacting notes.

On Tuesday, I had the priviledge of leading worship with our team. I am ever-amazed by God's grace. He puts me in situations that I never imagined I'd be in and then let's me have so much fun!
We returned home on Wednesday to our Jam! Family service. For year's, parents have been dragging their kids to church. Now, kids are dragging their parents to church! The entire service is geared toward our kids. My highlight was the 22 kids on stage leading worship with the worship team. Powerful! Our kids love to praise God.


Friday, I traveled with a friend to the Generation Unleashed: Anthem conference at City Bible Church in Portland. God had impressed on my heart to take this trip which only meant God wanted to do something in me or through me. As a result, I was excited for the encounter I was to have.

The word brought by Matthew Barnett from the L.A. Dreamcenter was hilarious and inspired us to battle for the anthem of our life (the legacy or word God has spoken over our life). He is a man who lives to give to the poor and see the drug addict and prostitute set free. Our interns traveled to The Dreamcenter and participated in their ministry earlier in 2007.

The worship of Generation Unleashed just released a new album from which I plan on introducing a song next week. It is a must have album! You can check it out on I-tunes. Live Worship is the title. We will do the song: "Carried Me" next.

I had an encounter with God which broke through some areas I have been pressing for at least four years. WOW! I am so glad I was not only obedient but willing to obey His voice! (Isaiah 1:19)

Week Three in the current series: Gallons. Pastor Jeff's word on the promise of blessing touched my heart. Especially, the blessing of a burden and the blessing of needing people (the local church). I thought the scripture out of Haggai 2:14-19 offered great insight that if I build God's house, He will build mine. Verse 19 tells us that even when the seed is still in the barn, God will bless you...from this day! I love it.

1 comment:

ZachT said...

I have to say that Jam is SUCH a blessing!!! What an honor to get to lead these amazing kids in worship!!! Seeing the excitement and energy bursting out of them just fuels my fire!!! They are destined for AMAZING things!!!