Monday, January 21, 2008

DAY 21


Today is the FINAL day in our 21 days of Focused Prayer, Word and Fasting.

Today's prayer focus:
New Chapters in our Journal of Faith | Mark 11:23; Romans 10:17, 12:3; Hebrews 12:1-2; James 1:2


It is day seven in our one week of fasting. Congratulations! Take time to journal your thoughts, feelings, what God is speaking. How are you going to break the fast?

I am going to keep a journal with me as well as take time to stop and allow room to hear the Lord speak. This avoids what I lovingly (or frustratingly) term "auto-pilot." I will celebrate more and be anxious less. I always find, in times of prayer, that prayer is the ticket to being anxious for nothing. Phil. 4:6 tells us "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God." Basically, take it to God before I fret. I know, it's simple. Even the best athletes have to practice the fundamentals...daily.

I think I may have some of a good friend's ribs! In the very near future...my favorite Daniel's Broiler. I'll spare you the list of menu items as the fast isn't over yet.

No comments: