Tuesday, March 18, 2014

SEEK WISE COUNSEL


Proverbs 18:1, "A man who isolates himself seeks his own desire; he rages against all wise judgment."
Psalm 1:1, "Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful..."

It's often difficult it is for us to seek counsel or feedback from others. Why is that? Is it because maybe we'll hear that someone doesn't like something about us? Maybe we don't want to hear we need to work on an area. I know there are many reasons.

Whether it's parenting, career, relationship, spiritual or natural areas, we can learn from others' perspectives and experiences. The Bible tells us that we are blessed not when we walk with the ungodly but when we seek counsel from the wise. Blessed, not cursed. It also admonishes us to not isolate ourselves.

As a pastor and life coach, I am here to listen and give a Biblical perspective. God has called and anointed me to do this. It seems so simple but have you heard the line, "You can't see the forest while standing in the trees?" Sometimes we just need an outside perspective.

I have made the decision that instead of trying to work things out on my own, I am going to seek wisdom from my pastors, life coach and wise counsel around me. After all, we are doing life together aren't we?

No comments: