Friday, April 20, 2007

PLANTS THAT ONLY BLOOM ONCE A YEAR?


I have a beef with the inventors of rhododendrons. If you don't want to hear my beef, please pass over this post!

Rhododendrons are absolutely stunning...one week a year. This happens to be the week the rhodies in back of my house are in bloom. I missed the rhodies blooming in front of my house when I was on the mission field.

Since the bloom is such a rare occasion, I wanted to share them with you all!

I am tempted to yank those things out and plant palm trees or big leaved banana trees. But then, they may die because of our short span of sun.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Melinda,
you are to funny. I'm the same way about rhodies they look good for a week then gravity sets in and it's a big mess. They do sell plastic rhododendrons. Just think you can have a blooming rhododendron on Christmas right next to the inflatable snowman and giant Rudolph. Just kidding but I really do feel your pain.

Dave

Heather said...

Hello Pastor Mel -

I agree. They are absolutely beautiful when they are in bloom, but gosh why such a short time?! When I was younger and lived Woodinville my parents had 4 or 5 Rhododendron bushes. They were all different colors too! What a beautiful site that 1 or 2 weeks of the year! I guess, take lots of pictures to hang on your walls, so you can see them all year...;)